Welcome to JDAL
JDAL is an open source Java library that aims to help developers making database applications easily. JDAL helps you to find what you really need to code and what is already coded in a common java database application, avoiding the complexity of many common programming tasks.
JDAL is built on top of Hibernate ORM and Spring framework and provides you with a set of core database services and UI Componentes ready to be used via configuration on Spring context configuration files.
Please, read our sample application for quicker information.
JDAL is freely usable, licensed under the Apache 2.0 license.
JDAL 2.1.RC1 Released - 2015/05/13
I'm pleased to announce the release of JDAL 2.1.RC1.
The highlights for this version are:
- Add initial support for Spring Security.
- Add a new ListBeanContainer with support for indexed properties, ie person.addresses.
- New @UiMapping annotation for mapping urls to UIs.
- New @ViewConfig annoation for configuring url mapping and access for Vaadin Views.
- New attribute access in <vaadin:navigator-action> tag to set access role of the buttons in button bar.
- Add a Role editor to samples.
Online Demo Login with admin/admin.
JDAL 2.0.0 Released - 2014/06/02
I'm pleased to announce the first stable release of JDAL 2.0.
The highlights for this version are a full port of JDAL Swing to Vaadin framework and a new Spring AOP módule jdal-aop
New version of JDAL Vaadin Sample - 2014/03/25
Deployed a new version of JDAL Vaadin Sample application including the following new features:
- Configurable login form: org.jdal.vaadin.auth.LoginView
- Configurable button bar for vaadin navigator: org.jdal.vaadin.ui.ButtonBar
- Serializable proxies are now configurable by annotations: @SerializableProxy (experimental)
- Some improvements in the BoxFormBuilder class.
- Fix internationalization issues.
Online demo - Use admin/admin as username/password
JDAL-2.0.M1 Released - 2013/11/12
I'm pleased to announce the release of the first beta version of JDAL 2.0
This first milestone is focused on JDAL Vaadin module with the following new features
- Vaadin 7 Support.
- New Spring framework custom namespace for Vaadin.
- Support form validation with JSR-303 annotations.
- The Swing BoxFormBuilder has been ported to Vaadin framework.
- Automatic binding between forms and models is now available for Vaadin.
You can download the sample application from the samples git repository hosted on github.
<repositories> <repository> <id>jdal</id> <name>JDAL Repository</name> <url>http://www.jdal.org/repo</url> </repository> </repositories> <dependency> <groupId>org.jdal</groupId> <artifactId>jdal-vaadin</artifactId> <version>2.0.M1</version> </dependency>
See JDAL Vaadin 2.0 Overview for more info.
Thanks for testing JDAL Libraries!
JDAL has moved to github - 2013/11/08
JDAL repository has moved to github. The primary motivation of this movement has been to encourage contributions through pull requests.
Please, see download page and update your clones!.
New Issue Tracker - 2013/05/17
JDAL 1.3.1 Released - 2012/12/03
I'm pleased to announce the release of version 1.3.1
- Add spring custom namespace for jdal-core.
- Add spring custom namespace for jdal-swing.
- Fix internacionalization issues.
- Let text ControlAccessor to parse spring format annoations
- Let ViewEditors to be Dialogs or JFrames.
- Add CollectionPersistentService, ListTableModelSorter and TablePanelControlAccessor to let TablePanel edit models collections with automatic binding.
- JpaDao can null references on OneToOne and OneToMany associations. No more @PostRemove methods needed in models.
- Add support for sending proxy clients to a remote service via RMI or HttpInvokers.
- Add DbConnection and DbConnectionForm to easily configure database connections.
- Add a support class for building JpaCriteriaBuilders.
- Add a ContextPersistentService to Bulk all Services in one.
- Add automatic initialization of controls by parsing JPA annoations in AbstractView.
- Fix bugs, and more...
JDAL 1.2.0 Released - 2012/04/03
I'm pleased to announce the release of version 1.2.0
- Improve BoxFormBuilder to allow building complex forms easily
- Update Spring version to 3.1.1.RELEASE
- Improve JpaDao and add JpaBuilderSupport.
- Add ControlErrors in BindingResults to handle errors in Swing components.
- Allow CompositeBinder to handle nested property paths.
- Add ControlAccessor for Views to allow using Views directly in bind methods.
JDAL 1.1.5 Released - 2012/03/04
I'm pleased to announce the release of version 1.1.5.
- Now using Sonatype OSS Project Repository Hosting, see download page
- Improve JDAL Swing data binding with BindingResults and AutoBinder.
JDAL 1.1.4 Released - 2012/02/04
I'm pleased to announce the release of version 1.1.4. This is a maintenance release and includes bug fixes and minor improvements. It should be a drop-in replacement for overlays built against 1.1.3
Download from sourceforge or use maven to get it from developer repository.
JDAL 1.1.3 Released - 2011/07/04
Preview of developer version 1.1-SNAPSHOT
- JDAL Core:
- Support for JPA Daos: Add JpaDao and JpaCriteriaBuilder and support for JPA NamedQueries
- DaoFactory and PersistentServiceFactory to create Daos and PersistentServices at runtime
- JDAL Vaadin:
- TableButtonActions: Allow to easily create button actions for the PageableTable. Actions for add, remove, filter and refresh the table are provided by default.
- AnnotationFieldFactory: A ConfigurableFieldFactory that parse JPA annotations when creating Fields and populate it from database
- PageableTable autosize option: Now the autogrow behavior when changing the page size is optional.
- PageableTable Column definition properties: Added cellEditor, cellComponent and propertyEditor configuration properties.
- New Module JDAL Web: Small support for using JDAL with displaytag and yui-datatable.
JDAL 1.1.1 Released - 2011/06/06
Preview of developer version 1.1-SNAPSHOT
- New module JDAL Vaadin UI Library: Startup module with PageableTable and internal paging Vaadin Container for Vaadin Framework.
- New module JDAL Aspects Library: Start with aspect HibernateLazyGuard to prevent LazyLoadingExceptions on RCP applications.
- JDAL Swing:
- Autobinding of controls to model properties by property and field name.
- ErrorProcessors List on AbstractView to handle validation errors.
- ControlAccesors and ControlAccessorFactory to access Swing controls on uniform way
- Automatic Dirty state change of Views on binded controls changes.
- JDAL Core: fix bugs and improve code quality.
- New samples for Vaadin and Aspect Libraries.
JDAL Core 1.0 Released - 2011/05/02
JDAL core library 1.0 is now realeased for general availability.
JDAL Swing 1.0 Released - 2011/05/02
JDAL Swing UI library 1.0 is now realeased for general availability.